Nebraska is Now Accepting Applications for a Second Round of Economic Stability Grants
Governor Pete Ricketts announced on Monday, October 19th, that a second round of economic stabilization grants will be made available for eligible applicants from the $1.1 billion allocated to Nebraska under the federal CARES Act enacted in March. The first round of grants for economic stabilization were made available in June 2020.
The new grants will target businesses in industries that were particularly hard-hit due to the pandemic. These include direct-payment grants for the following categories of business:
- Non-profits and care providers. Most eligible entities will receive $12,000. Organizations in areas disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 will receive $27,000.
- Bars and restaurants. Eligible applicants who received a first-round grant will receive $12,000, and those who did NOT will receive $24,000.
- Hotels and convention centers. Eligible applicants will receive tiered funding based on total square feet of meeting space.
- Small-business entities that did not receive a first-round grant. Approved applicants will receive $12,000.
- Livestock producers. Approved applicants will receive $12,000.
- Cosmetic, massage, and body art businesses. Businesses that received the first-round grant are NOT eligible for a second grant. Approved applicants will receive $12,000.
- Events centers and sports arenas. Grants will be in an amount based on the total square feet of indoor meeting space or fixed seating and the number of contracted events.
- Movie theaters. Approved applicants will receive $10,000 per current operational screen.
For more specific information about these grants including the eligibility requirements and requirements as to how grant funds must be used, please see here.
The application period begins on Wednesday, October 21st at 10:00 a.m. and ends on November 13th. Applications may be submitted online at the above link. Most of the grants are being offered on a first come, first-served basis. The grants will be issued by December 28, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact SamKing@mgwl.com or at (402) 829-1829
Thu Oct 22, 4:30pm Share